Friday, November 21, 2008

Uptown Girl

I have never been a very lady-like sort of girl. Until I donated my hair to Locks of Love prior to my service, I had been rocking a basic, waist-length hair style for the better part of a decade. I do not own any make-up, and I didn't even shave my legs. I was convinced that Swaziland would makes this lack of decor significantly worse. Strangely, it has had the opposite effect. We live a pretty scruffy lifestyle. With all the dirt and grease I find myself trying anything just to feel a little bit pretty.
So I am writing this with a new haircut (courtesy of a fellow PCV) complete with layers and bangs. My legs are shaved and I even have garish pink polish on my toes. Viva Swaziland.

3 comments:

Morgan said...

I'm terrified at the thought of you being girly! What is this world coming too?! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying yourself though :)

Katie said...

My toes are pink too! You have bangs? Bizarre! I wish I could see a picture!

Court said...

Ohmigoodness I miss you. Tell us more! How bout some pics, eh?